Saturday, April 23, 2005

Sideways

or The Misadventures of Morose and Cavalier, or Two Guys and a Vat of Pinot Noir, or Unlikable and Even More Unlikable. I loved this movie. Loved, loved, loved this movie. I loved how thoroughly unlikable these characters were - so unlikable that you wouldn't want them in your life - and yet so compelling. I loved the wingman set up, both male and female. The lesser and the major wingman. Always one who you thought was getting the worse end of the deal. Always one getting more than the other. Always one knowing more than the other. I particularly loved the female wingman set up, never explored and yet so evident. I loved how we could see these characters moving in each other's lives. And though flawed, I loved how I could see aspects of people I know in real life flickering inside Miles and Jack, even aspects of myself. Because we are none of us perfect, and this movie is a deep pocket celebrating the greatness of our imperfection.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home